The Class of 2018 at Penta Career Center will be honored during special Senior Recognition Ceremonies on May 15, 16, and 17. The high school seniors, who will be completing career-technical programs at Penta, are from 16 area school districts, including Swanton.
All ceremonies will take place in the Susor Auditorium at Penta Career Center, 9301 Buck Road in Perrysburg Township. Each student will receive a Career Passport which contains their personalized Certificate of Completion.
In addition, seniors will be recognized for career-technical student organization accomplishments and other school-related achievements. One of the highlights of each ceremony is the announcement of the recipients of the Outstanding Student Award for each career-technical program.
The Penta senior recognition events will take place on the following dates and times:
– Tuesday, May 15 at 1:15 p.m.; Marketing Education Programs.
– Tuesday, May 15 at 6 p.m.; Construction & Manufacturing Programs.
– Wednesday, May 16 at 9:45 a.m.; Arts & Communication/Business & Management/Health Services Programs.
– Wednesday, May 16 at 2:30 p.m.; Human Services & Teaching Professions Programs.
– Wednesday, May 16 at 6 p.m.; Agriculture & Transportation Programs.
– Thursday, May 17 at 11:00 a.m.; Job Training & Project SEARCH Programs.
Participating in the ceremonies will be Ronald Matter, superintendent of Penta Career Center; Jeff Kurtz, career-technical director; Penta Career Center supervisors; and representatives of the Penta Board of Education. For more information about the senior recognition events, contact the Penta Student Services and Admissions Office at 419-661-6480.