Strong winds led the road closures and power outages throughout northwest Ohio on Wednesday. A gust of 59 mph was reported at Toledo Express Airport before noon.
High winds led to the closure of North Shoop Avenue in Wauseon. Winds bent power poles along the street, causing a closure between Linfoot Street and Airport Highway.
The street reopened around 11:30 a.m.
A high wind warning is in effect until 6 p.m. this evening in Fulton County. West winds will be at 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 50 to 60 mph possible through this afternoon. The high wind warning in Lucas County is in effect until 7 p.m.
The Ohio Turnpike has also issued a travel ban for certain vehicles from 12-5 p.m. today. Vehicles banned from travel on the highway are:
• All triple-trailer combination commercial vehicles
• Box-type double-trailer combination commercial vehicles in excess of ninety (90) feet in length.
• Mobile home / Office trailers.
• Boat and horse trailers towed by passenger vehicles or pickup trucks.
• High-profile campers and enclosed trailers, which are defined as trailers designed for a person of average height to stand in.