The Swanton Public Library has events for kids planned this week and next.
· Pond Study will be held at Mallard Lake in Oak Openings. Children in grades K-5 are invited to join a representative from Metroparks Toledo to learn more about local pond life at Mallard Lake on Tuesday, July 12 at 2:00 pm. Participation is limited to 15 so register at the library.
· Recycling Art: Teens in grades 5-12 are invited to create a giant mural to display in the library using recycled materials on Wednesday, July 13 at 4 p.m.
· Shark Storytime: Preschoolers are invited to an in-person storytime celebrating sharks on Tuesday, July 19, at 10:30 a.m. Special guest Charlie the Therapy Dog will be dressed as a shark.
· Shark Stories with the Toledo Zoo: All ages and families are invited to learn about sharks with hands-on artifacts from the Toledo Zoo on Thursday, July 21, at 10:30 a.m. A virtual visit to their aquarium is included.
· Coding Club: Coders will meet at 4 p.m. on Friday, July 22.
· Reading Paws: Children are invited to sign up to read to a certified therapy dog on Saturday, July 23, between 10 a.m. and noon. Six 20-minutes slots are available.
For more information call 419-826-2760, visit the library’s website at http://www.swantonpubliclibrary.org or visit the library at 305 Chestnut Street in Swanton