Swanton Village Council last week approved applying for a grant to help pay for a new playground at Memorial Park.
Village Administrator Rosanna Hoelzle will apply to the Gametime Playground Grant Program for replacement of current playground equipment. GameTime is a manufacturer of playground equipment and offers grant assistance.
A damaged slide at Memorial Park earlier this year led the discussions for new playground equipment.
Also, Council passed the third and final reading of a resolution authorizing the administrator to submit an application to participate in the Ohio Department of Development Water and Wastewater Infrastructure Grant Program.
A resolution formally accepting American Rescue Plan Act funds was also approved. Creation of a new fund for the money was also approved.
Council accepted resignations from police officers John Trejo and Ed Marckel.
First readings of ordinances amending the sewer and storm water chapters of the village’s codified ordinances were also approved.
• The administration office will be closed Thursday for staff training, according to Hoelzle.
• An application has been submitted to the Ohio Public Works Commission for Crestwood Drive improvements.
• Applications for the sidewalk improvement program will be accepted until Oct. 8.
• Work has begun on Woodside Drive improvements.
• Project 8 and 9 sewer separation could begin in early October.