The Northwest State Community College Board of Trustees met in regular session on Friday at the University of Toledo Scott Park campus. The board toured the new Industrial Training Center – a partnership between NSCC, UT, and Terra State Community College – where classes began in January.
According to the board, the Northwest Ohio Workforce Development and Advanced Manufacturing Training Center is a building that has been renovated to provide state of the art training to meet the growing needs of businesses throughout the region. The building includes industrial labs, classrooms, collaborative learning areas, and computer labs.
“This new facility is providing opportunities to area employers that not only trains potential employees, but also provides access to training for current employees to improve and build skills to meet the changing needs of their business,” said Dave Conover, director of CTS in Toledo.
The board met in executive session to discuss ongoing staff contract negotiations. Upon return, the board unanimously approved the implementation of the last and best offer to the school support personnel bargaining unit.
The board elected officers for one-year terms. Paul Siebenmorgen of Fulton County was named chair, Sandra Barber of Fulton County was named vice chair, and Jeffrey Erb of Williams County was named second vice chair.
In other board action, the board approved:
. Faculty/professional probationary contracts for Bradley Geer, Michael Kwiatkowski and Kristen Rausch; promotion of Lori Becker to payroll accountant; employment of Lori Olson, full-time nursing faculty in Van Wert; Joel Miller, full-time network/systems technician; Don Eberly and Nicholas Snyder, full-time admissions recruiters; Candace Weirauch, full-time data entry and testing assistant.
· Miscellaneous employment contracts for part-time faculty.
· The 2014-15 college audit; the financial report for Dec. 31, 2015; the 2016-17 student fee schedule.
· Policy revision for out-of-state fee waiver for international students.
· Approved the college mission, vision, values and 2016-20 strategic plan.
· Authorization to the president and chief fiscal and administrative officer to award the contract bid for C-Wing renovation.
· Appointed Sandra Barber and Sue Derck to serve on the Ohio Association of Community Colleges governing board.
· Approved Board of Trustees meeting dates: 2016-April 1, June 3, Aug. 5, Oct. 7, Dec. 2, and Feb. 3, 2017.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU