The Village of Swanton has offered updates to residents about how operations will be handled as Ohio remains under a stay-at-home order until May 1.
Village employees continue to serve the village and its residents. Those with general questions related to Village services, can call 419-276-4052, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
– The spring bulk drop off day for trash and other items has been cancelled. The fall event is scheduled for Sept. 19.
– Curbside brush pick up has been delayed until at least May. Village of Swanton residents can drop off their brush at the Public Service Division at 304 Bassett St. from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
– The Village plans to live stream meetings, such as Council, Planning Commission and Tree Commission.
– Parks are still open but social distancing is encouraged. Public playgrounds are closed per the state order. Basketball hoops cannot be used.
– Municipal income returns and payments for tax year 2019 with a due date of April 15, 2020 have been extended to July 15, 2020.
– There are some changes to waste pick up, as Republic Services tries to limit exposure to their drivers. The bulk / large item pick up will be suspended until further notice.
Republic is also asking that residents make sure that trash is properly bagged prior to placing it curbside for collection even when utilizing a trash container for collection service.
– The Residential Meter Project is postponed until further notice. Approximately 450 property owners will be notified when it is rescheduled.
– Utility bills will continue to generate and are due on the 15th of the month. There is a temporary moratorium of late fees and water shut offs during the pandemic emergency.