Here are the latest details on how the COVID-19 pandemic is impacting the Swanton area:
• This Wednesday’s Swanton Board of Education meeting is cancelled. The next regular meeting is scheduled for April 8.
• Also, the Board Office, 108 N. Main St., will be closed to the public starting Tuesday. You can contact the superintendent’s secretary at 419-826-7085 or email@example.com.
• Libraries are closed beginning Tuesday. The Swanton Public Library will no longer be offering any services.
They will reopen April 6 at the earliest. Until then, there will be no late fees and patrons are asked to keep their items.
• Fulton County Senior Center is closed. Meal deliveries are postponed. Seniors will receive a phone call from staff.
• Fulton County Genealogical Society meeting scheduled for April 14 has been cancelled. The planned speaker on the Underground Railroad will be rescheduled.
• The Fulton County Veterans Service office VA Health Care Benefits Seminar scheduled for March 25 has been canceled.
• Triangular Processing announced that all recycling locations in Fulton County (Wauseon, Swancreek, Pettisville, Metamora, Lyons, Archbold, and Fayette) will be shut down. Do not take your recycling to these locations and set them on the ground.
• The Museum of Fulton County is closed.
• All services and programs at the FCHC Wellness and Fitness Center at 138 E. Elm Street in Wauseon closed until further notice, including the off site lab drawing station at that location. Also all community education programs and fitness classes at the Wellness Center and in the community are postponed until further notice.
• The March Fulton Soil and Water Conservation District Board of Supervisors meeting has been re-scheduled to Monday, April 6, at 7 p.m.
• Libraries will close beginning Tuesday.
• Many banks, such as Farmer’s and Merchants, First Federal of Delta and Fifth Third are closing lobbies to walk in customers. Call to make an appointment, if needed. Drive up still available.
• Be aware that hours at many stores and restaurants have changed. Some have also set up priority shopping windows for those most at risk.
• Playgrounds are now closed at Toledo Metroparks and Swanton parks. Bathrooms are also closed at Metroparks.
• All public masses and liturgies are cancellend until Easter at Ohio Catholic chuches.
• The Franklin Park Mall is suspending hours until April 6. Restaurants and service retailers may be open. Call ahead.
• There will be no physical access to attend the Northwest Ohio ESC Board of Education Meeting on March 24 at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will be conducted via telephone conference. If you are interested in participating in the meeting, please contact Chad Rex at 513-760-1073 or Crex@nwoesc.org for access. You will need to also provide your name and address.
• The Village of Swanton Municipal Building is closed to the public. Village officials can be reached at 419-826-9515.
Share your information at firstname.lastname@example.org.