The Class of 2019 at Penta Career Center will be honored during special Senior Recognition Ceremonies on May 14-16. The high school seniors, who will be completing career-technical programs at Penta, are from 16 area school districts including Swanton and Anthony Wayne.
All ceremonies will take place in the Susor Auditorium at Penta Career Center, 9301 Buck Road in Perrysburg Township. Each student will receive a Career Passport which contains their personalized Certificate of Completion. In addition, seniors will be recognized for career-technical student organization accomplishments and other school-related achievements.
One of the highlights of each ceremony is the announcement of the recipients of the Outstanding Student Award for each career-technical program.
The Penta senior recognition events, in which more than 700 students will participate over the course of three days, will take place on the following dates and times:
• Tuesday, May 14 at 1:15 p.m., Marketing Education programs.
• Tuesday, May 14 at 6 p.m., Construction & Manufacturing programs.
• Wednesday, May 15 at 2:30 p.m., Agriculture & Transportation programs.
• Wednesday, May 15 at 6 p.m., Human Services & Teaching Professions programs.
• Thursday, May 16 at 11 a.m., Job Training & Project SEARCH programs.
Participating in the ceremonies will be Ronald Matter, superintendent of Penta Career Center; Jeff Kurtz, career-technical director; Penta Career Center supervisors; and representatives of the Penta Board of Education.
For more information about the senior recognition events, contact the Penta Student Services and Admissions Office at 419-661-6480.