The new Dean of Nursing was introduced at a regular meeting of the Northwest State Community College Board of Trustees held Oct. 26 on the Archbold campus.
Dr. Kathy Keister was formally introduced, and provided the board with an overview of the nursing programs at the college. Her presentation included introductions of some faculty members and a look at data from registered nursing and practical nursing board exam passage rates, which generally exceeded state and national averages.
Keister succeeds Patti Altman, who will retire effective Jan. 1.
Dr. Keister and NSCC President Dr. Michael Thomson noted the upcoming “30 Years of Associate Degree Nursing” celebration scheduled Nov. 8. Information is available at NorthwestState.edu, or by calling 419-267-1246.
In other action, the board approved:
• The employment contracts of Kathy Keister, Dean of Nursing; Anne Kindinger, assistant, Data Entry and Testing; Jared Nofziger, associate director, Financial Aid; Nicole Hand, administrative assistant, Community and Workforce Development; Deborah Hartzell, Program and Clinical coordinator; and Brittany Galbraith, enrollment advocate.
• Miscellaneous employment contracts and one resignation.
• An employee benefits policy revision for graded (non-union) employees, to maintain consistency with contract employees.
• A resolution to approve the 2018 Affordability and Efficiency Report for a five-year term.
• A resolution to amend alternative retirement plans and assign administrative and investment duties, defined contribution plans under Section 401(a) and 403(b) of the Internal Revenue Code.