10 Years Ago
• Area food banks reported on increase in demand.
• The Swanton Marching Band qualified for state.
• Swanton football won back the Iron Kettle from Delta with a 51-23 victory.
25 Years Ago
• The Swanton High School golf team advanced to the Division II state tournament. Swanton’s Scott Blatnik was one of three medalists at the district tournament where the Bulldogs were runners-up.
• Swanton Village Council voiced concern with an annexation request for property on Munson Road just north of the Conrail railroad tracks.
• Former Swanton Bulldog standout Tom Eitniear led the Toledo Thunder to a 37-0 victory over the Michigan Renegades in the first round of the Mid-Continental Football League playoffs.
50 Years Ago
• Cheryl Ashenfelter was named the 1968 Swanton Homecoming Queen.
• Bernath Furniture opened on N. Main Street in Swanton.
75 Years Ago
90 Years Ago
• The undefeated Swanton high school eleven scored their third consecutive victory when they downed the strong Lambertville team with a score of 12-3.
• Home Restaurant is sold to a Morenci, Mich. man.