10 Years Ago
• Alyssa Goetz was named Corn Festival princess and Cody Mohr was named Corn Festival prince.
• A dedication ceremony was planned for the naming of Swanton’s football stadium to David W. Hansbarger Stadium.
• A plan to raze a former church at the corner of Lincoln Avenue and Church Street was announced.
25 Years Ago
• Jennifer Schmidt was selected to compete in the Ohio Miss T.E.E.N. Pageant.
• Swanton Local Schools lunch prices were set at $1.35 in the elementary school, $1.60 in the junior high and high schools, and $2 for adults.
50 Years Ago
• A new A&P Store was set to open on S. Main Street in Swanton. Victor Reynolds named manager.
• The Linville & Son Gulf station opened on Airport Highway at S. Main Street.
75 Years Ago
90 Years Ago
• The fourth annual picnic of the Funeral Directors; Association of Ohio met in Swanton Memorial Park.