10 Years Ago
• The Swanton Lions club held its second informational and organizational meeting.
• The Swanton High School football stadium was named David W. Hansbarger stadium after the former head coach.
• Construction began on a new fire building at the Fulton County Fairgrounds.
25 Years Ago
• Seven families on County Road 1-1 and Waterville Swanton Road filed suit against Burlington Air Express, the City of Toledo and Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority claiming night time flights have devalued their property and created a nuisance for them.
• Metamora celebrate its 100th birthday.
• Jon Beier of Swanton was one of three valedictorians at St. John’s High School, where he was also first team All-Ohio in football.
50 Years Ago
• Swanton High School student Bob Luce earned a first place rating in French II Ohio Scholastic Ability testing in Bowling Green. He was also 10th in the state.
75 Years Ago
90 Years Ago
• “Bob” Kirk pitched shut out ball in Swanton’s 7-0 Ohio-Michigan League baseball win over Sylvania.
• C.J. Brindley & Son advertised a Honeymoon Special to June brides for $99.75. It had 63 pieces including a kitchen cabinet, 5-piece breakfast suite, 8-piece glass jar set, 15-piece iridescent glassware set, and 31-piece Minerva dinner set.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU