10 Years Ago
• Regional police shared information on bank robberies after several banks in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan were robbed, including a branch in Swanton.
25 Years Ago
• Work was to begin soon on a 32-by-64 feet addition to the Swanton Public Library.
50 Years Ago
• Curly’s Restaurant closed. It was to be remodeled and made into a modern office and showroom for Tri-County Block and Brick.
• The Public Utilities Commission of Ohio told the Village of Swanton that if they wanted flashers for the Munson Road railroad crossing, the village would have to pay 90 percent of a $27,000 cost.
• Swanton Village Council approved a plan to add fencing to the north side of the W. Garfield Avenue bridge.
75 Years Ago
90 Years Ago
• The average driving speed for cars in the United States increased from 25-35 mph to 35 to 50 mph over three years.