10 Years Ago
• Swanton School Board members said they would not ask voters to renew a recreation levy that generated nearly $60,000 per year.
• Construction of a new fire building at the Fulton County Fairgrounds to begin.
• Tim Zieroff resigned as Swanton boys basketball coach to focus on athletic director position.
25 Years Ago
• Phase II of home buyouts related to Burlington Air Express began with 49 more families slated for relocation.
• A junior varsity softball team was formed at Swanton High School with a varsity team planned for the next year.
50 Years Ago
• The Swanton Sterling store offered orange juice for 39 cents for a half gallon.
• General Motors “Previews of Progress” science show was at Swanton High School. It featured fuel cells and solar cells and a sequence the emphasized the importance of wearing seat belts when driving or riding in an automobile.
75 Years Ago
90 Years Ago
• The eighth anniversary of a tornado that “damaged nearly house in town” was marked. It caused $500,000 in damage. It was said that Main Street looked like a “French-shelled village.”
No one was killed in Swanton but three people died in Rabb’s Corner.