10 Years Ago
• Gasoline prices increased to $3.45 per gallon in Swanton, while diesel prices were over $4 per gallon.
• Local officials spoke out against a proposed electricity rate hike.
• Swanton’s Brad Betz was named honorable mention All-Ohio for basketball.
25 Years Ago
• Mike Faber resigned from the Swanton Board of Education because he no longer resided in the district. He was replaced by Walt Lange.
• Swanton’s new mock trial team advanced to state. Team members were JoEllen Byron, Brandy Gregory, Jody Lorenzen, Ana Serratos, Jordanna White, Patience Garmenn and Brian Zeller.
• Swanton martial artists were part of a team that won a world title in Canada. Shannon Kubiak took grand champion honors.
50 Years Ago
• Murphy’s Ben Franklin, on Main Street in Swanton, announced an expansion. It was made possible with the purchasing of Brockhoff’s Dry Goods.
• The possibility of a swimming pool in Swanton was discussed at a meeting with representatives from the Y.M.C.A.
• Marine Cpl. Robert D. Davis, died in Vietnam of shrapnel wounds.
75 Years Ago
90 Years Ago
• President Coolidge again declined to run for a second full term.
• Swanton Girls’ Glee Club, under the direction of Miss Freda Loyer, gave its annual concert.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU