10 Years Ago
• Dennis Donahue Memorial Trot for a Track to raise money for construction of an all-weather track at Evergreen High School.
25 Years Ago
• Stephen Helfrich’s general store, a 49-year-old landmark of Raab’s Corners, was ruined by fire.
• It was estimated that 10,000 people attended the Independence Day parade in Swanton.
• Playing at the LaFrance Theater in Swanton was “The Trial of Mary Dugan” with Robert Young and Laraine Day.
90 Years Ago
• Swanton village clerk Vern Shoup and councilman Otto Gaiman resigned.
• It was announced that due to a lack of funds, the misspelling of grateful on the Doughboy statue will be corrected later.