10 Years Ago
• A bomb threat closes Swanton High School. Students returned to class when no bomb was found.
• A contract was approved for Neil Weber to serve as superintendent of Swanton Local Schools.
25 Years Ago
• A relocation firm began buying out homes near Toledo Express Airport in anticipation of Burlington Air Express starting business. The relocation process was to include 100 properties.
• Troy Gearig and Jennifer Stevenson were selected as Rotary Students of the Month.
• Swanton’s Joe Carone was named coach of the year by the Greater Toledo wrestling coaches.
50 Years Ago
• The Citizens’ Education Council of Swanton recommended not adding on to Swanton Township School due to Airport Highway traffic and increased jet noise. A 20-room structure on Crestwood Drive as being considered.
• After 35 years of doing business as Buckeye Chevrolet Sales, the business was incorporated and will be known as McNeill Chevrolet, Inc.
75 Years Ago
• Swanton firefighter Arthur Pruden suffered a cut tendon in his hand while fighting a fire on Archbold-Whitehouse Road.
• Swanton mayor Frank Berkebile and village council reiterated that loose dogs would be picked up.
• Easter hats were offered for sale by A.A. Purdy for $1.75 to $5.
• Playing at the LaFrance Theater in Swanton was “Melody Ranch” with Gene Autry and Jimmy Durante.
90 Years Ago
• The junior class of Swanton High will present “Seventeen.”