10 Years Ago
• Foreclosures were still on the rise in Fulton County, with 22 reported in January.
25 Years Ago
• The Swanton Board of Education rejected the resignation of superintendent Roger Barnes.
• The Ohio Department of Liquor Control confiscated gambling devices from the Swanton Elks Lodge.
• A Family Dollar store was set to open on E. Airport Highway in Swanton.
50 Years Ago
• H.A. Raymond of Raymond Chemical Company told the village that the company would rebuild after one of its buildings was destroyed in a fire.
• William Johnson, Jr., 16, died from injuries sustained when a homemade device exploded at his Church Street home.
• Purdy’s offered a sale on sweaters for $5.76.
75 Years Ago