10 Years Ago
• Murder charges against Walter Zimbeck were dismissed. He had recently been indicted for the 1985 murder of Lori Ann Hill.
• Fulton County Commissioner Joe Short announced he would not seek re-election.
25 Years Ago
• Swanton Schools Superintendent Roger Barnes said he would resign due to low proficiency test results
• The Swanton fifth and sixth grade girls basketball program began the season with 61 players.
50 Years Ago
• Village of Swanton appointments included Claron Mauer, street commissioner; Harold Kurth, building inspector; Robert Adams, park board; Alvin Kahle, Swanton Recreation Committee; Burt Elton, Chief of Swanton Civil Defense; and James Lambert, Planning and Zoning Committee.
• Sworn into office as Swanton Village Councilman were Thurlo Judson, Arthur Smith, James Lambert, and Robert Onweller.
• Fulton County Sheriff Lester “Jim” Trigg spoke to the Swanton Exchange Club about drug abuse in Fulton County.
75 Years Ago