10 Years Ago
• Sandra Barber picked to be Fulton County Republican Party chair.
• The Housing Service Alliance and Northwestern Ohio Community Action Commission proposed building 24 units in Paigelynn Place for low income seniors.
25 Years Ago
• Bob Gill named Swanton Village Council president and vice mayor.
• Officials tackled an odor problem at the Swanton Municipal Building that arose following a remodeling and renovation project. It was described as smelling like dead fish.
50 Years Ago
• A recount did not change the result for a Swanton School operating levy that failed by 13 votes.
• The Sterling Store on S. Main St. offered a one pound bag of potato chips for 49 cents.
75 Years Ago
• The 1929 Corn Festival had a net profit of $1,052.48.
• The Swanton Retail Merchants Association was formed.