10 Years Ago
• An issue was on the ballot to allow casinos in Ohio
• Swanton volleyball and soccer teams fell in the sectional tournament.
25 Years Ago
• Expansion of the Swanton Reservoir was under consideration.
• Swanton Village Councilman Jeff Emahiser resigned due to a move outside the village.
50 Years Ago
• A 0.8-mill bond issue was on the ballot to furnish Crestwood School.
• McNeill Chevrolet planned its 18th Halloween Party with prizes for costumes, treats, cider, doughnuts for all, and entertainment.
• Swanton Meat Market and Locker offered ground beef for 59 cents per pound.
75 Years Ago
• A department of dental hygiene was established in Ohio.
• Sagert Restaurant in Swanton was sold to Harold Stine.