10 Years Ago
• Swanton Schools’ David Smith competed to be named Ohio’s top bus mechanic.
• The unemployment rate was 15.7 percent in Fulton County and 14.6 percent in Lucas County. Williams County has the highest rate in the state at 17.6 percent.
25 Years Ago
• A pancake breakfast served 325 people and raised $1,312 to benefit the Swanton Volunteer Rescue Squad.
• Sidewalk ramps were being installed on Main Street and near Swanton High School.
50 Years Ago
• Howard’s Convalescent Center was purchased by Westbrook Haven, Inc. of Toledo.
• Vallywood Apartments off North Main Street in Swanton became available for leasing.
• Miller’s Super Dollar in Swanton offered ground chuck for 79 cents per pound and chuck roast for 59 cents per pound.
75 Years Ago