10 Years Ago
• Dennis Brown, Tom Hansbarger, Greg Redd, Jeremiah Taylor, and Rick Yunker were inducted in the Swanton High School Athletic Hall of Fame.
• Swanton basketball player Paige Onweller was named Academic All-Ohio.
25 Years Ago
• The United State House of Representatives approved $3.2 million for a round of home buyouts and relocations due to Burlington at Toledo Express Airport.
50 Years Ago
• Area businesses were warned for placing flammable materials at the dump site in Swanton.
• Lowell Habel and Steve Mizer of Evergreen Junior High planted trees as part of an Arbor Day observance at the school.
• Murphy’s Ben Franklin offered an aluminum cookware set for $12.88.
75 Years Ago
• All meats except steaks and roast of beef became ration free.
• Playing at the La France Theatre in Swanton was “Best Foot Forward” starring Lucille Ball and “Oh, My Darling Clementine” starring Roy Acuff and the Smokey Mountain Boys.
• More than 30 Swanton businesses joined together and agreed to close for a half day every Thursday. The decision was brought on by a shortage of help and insufficient quantities of merchandise.
90 Years Ago
• The water storage tank in the Village of Swanton was deemed too small by the Ohio Inspection Bureau.
• It was announced the annual Tri-state Threshers convention would be held in Swanton.