10 Years Ago
• Area road salt supplies were adequate despite a national shortage.
• St. Richard School received multiple grants.
25 Years Ago
• Computer technology invaded the Swanton Local School District with the Learning Management System.
• Main Crossing Consignment Shop opened in Swanton.
• Lindsay Swank and Shawn Baumbarger were Swanton High School Athletes of the Month.
50 Years Ago
• Raymond’s Shell Station on Airport Highway and Route 64 and Elton’s Pure Oil Station at Airport Highway and South Main Street reported robberies.
• The Swanton Board of Public Affairs adopted a more stringent police of turn-offs for water customers to reduce arrearages and prevent future overdue accounts.
75 Years Ago