10 Years Ago
• The Village of Swanton applied for $60,000 in Safe Routes to School funding.
• A road salt shortage caused some area entities to be more cautious when spreading salt.
25 Years Ago
• Swanton native Howard Kurth ended his postal career after 37 years. He started his career in 1956 when the post office was located on Dodge Street.
• Swanton Township School students of the month were Brandon Swick, Mandi Heinemann, Scott Swickowski, John DeSelms, Brian Loch, Cierra Schwabel, Melissa Russell, Joel Slachta, Melinda Steagall, Nicholas Heller, Cory Anderson, and Desirae Swick.
50 Years Ago
• The Swanton Board of Education opened bids for construction of a new elementary school on Crestwood Drive and an addition to Park Elementary School.
• The vocal department of Swanton High School planned a Christmas proram that included solos by Jill Towell and Gay Wilbourne.
75 Years Ago