The Fulton County Senior Center is offering Medicare Check Up appointments during the Medicare Open Enrollment period, which runs from Oct. 15 through Dec. 7 at the Wauseon location. All changes made will take effect on Jan. 1, 2016.
Representatives from the Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program (OSHIIP) will be available to offer assistance to seniors who are enrolling in or are already enrolled in Medicare during select dates.
These appointments are opportunities for those eligible to make sure that their plans are working the best for them. In 2014, seniors who visited the Senior Center to have their Medicare Part D plans reviewed saved $145,242.82 collectively.
What can be done during Open Enrollment?
- Change from original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan and vice versa;
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan;
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that does not offer drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage and vice versa;
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (Part D);
- Switch from one Medicare prescription drug plan to another Medicare prescription drug plan and
- Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage completely.
To be prepared for an appointment, bring a complete list of medications currently being taken, including strength and for what condition the medicine is prescribed. The pharmacist can assist by supplying a list of the drugs they dispense per patient. Also have photo ID, the 2015 plan health cards and Medicare card.
Upcoming Medicare Check Up appointment days are Oct. 20, Nov. 12; Nov. 24 and Dec. 1. All appointments will be held at the Wauseon Senior Center, 240 Clinton St. in Wauseon.
The above information is also available on the Fulton County Senior Center’s Website at www.fultoncountyoh.com/seniorcenter and to make an appointment, contact Valerie Edwards at 419-337-9299.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU