10 Years Ago
• The possibility of a recreation district in Swanton was discussed.
• Swanton and Wauseon Post Offices hit by thieves.
• The unemployment rate was 6.6 percent in Fulton County and 6.4 percent in Lucas County.
• The Village of Swanton received a Safe Routes to Schools grant of just $6,000 after seeking $139,000.
25 Years Ago
• The Swanton quiz team defeated Summerfield High School 280-100 in a match televised on Channel 13. Members appearing were Stacy Weber, Nathan Schmuhl, Brad Shreves, and Jeff Mann.
50 Years Ago
• Miller’s in Swanton offered bananas for 10 cents per pound.
• The new Canterbury Apartments on Dodge Street were slated to open.
75 Years Ago
90 Years Ago
• Ohio led the nation in playing card output.
• Swanton High School defeated Holland 48-6 in boys basketball. Reed had 16 points.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU