10 Years Ago
• The Swanton boys bowling team finished second and the girls third at the league bowling tournament.
25 Years Ago
• Richard Wurst took over as postmaster in Swanton.
• The possibility of a radio station on Munson Road north of the railroad tracks was discussed. It would be 106.5 FM.
• The Swanton High School girls basketball team topped Bryan to win the Northwest Ohio Athletic League title.
50 Years Ago
• Swanton Village Council discussed the impassible condition of Munson Road.
• Joan J. Jagielski from Fulton High School and Janine A. Mossing from St. Mary’s High School were area winners of the Betty Crocker Homemaker of Tomorrow awards.
• A grand re-opening was planned at Murphy’s Ben Franklin.
75 Years Ago
• Six grades of Swanton School will present “The Chimes of Normandy,” an operetta in two acts at the school auditorium.
• Playing at the LaFrance Theater was “Tin Pan Alley” starring Alice Faye and Betty Grable.
• A special demonstration of Baker grinding equipment drew 300 farmers.
90 Years Ago
• Ford Motor Company was selling a Coupe for $500.
Updated: 12:10 pm. |
Updated: 12:11 pm. |
11:05 pm |